Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: So, what really happened yesterday?

I can't put my finger on any one thing but I stripped the wall paper off from the walls of an entire house right before they went bad. I can't say as that did it or just years of use and abuse. Both of mine went bad. I decided to have the left one operated on first because I wanted to see if it worked as advertised on my weak side. I didn't want to take the chance of it messing up my right shoulder because I'm right handed.

Turns out it worked great on my left shoulder. I tell you though it's one nasty operation. Not so much the surgery although when you come out you can not move that arm for a week...not at all. After that you can start the process of recovery. You have to go through a pretty intensive rehab routine. Seems like I started by going to the rehab center three times a week for a month, then it tapered off. You have to have someone drive you the first few times because I mean they don't want you to do poop with that arm. Nothing!

They doctor will probably tell you you'll be healed up after 3 months, which may technically be true but the people I have known who have had this operation done will tell you, and I'll tell you, that it takes nearly a year before it's back to 100%. You'll be able to use it after three months but you will not be doing pull ups with it or anything close.

It was such an experience for me that I never did the right arm. The doctor told me that these injuries will NOT fix themselves but now my right arm is a good as the left. Go figure. By the time the left was totally healed the right one was in much better shape and then after another year it was back to 100%. The agony of the left probably put the fear of God in the right and it decided it had better shape up or it was next. haha

AND...my doctor told me it depends on the seriousness of the damage that determines the length of time it takes to recover.