Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: elsy... *LINK*
In Response To: Re: elsy... ()

I've had a Damascus barreled shotgun before. This one appears to be a twist and not Damascus.

I took it out into the bright sunshine to look for anymore markings. The only thing I saw was Patd. 20.80. There were no marking as to gauge or anything.it's a huge bore, I'm at 12 or 10 ga. it's so big.

The link is the best thing I could find for information as to serial numbers. In order to get into the 10000 range it shows they changed their numbering system in 1919 and that is where the serial number seems to fit. If you look at numbers prior to 1919 they have designations of the different types of guns. I could not find a 10000 series of numbers for Hammer guns prior to 1919. So it looks like it might have been made in 1919.

Who the hell knows. Since it's going to go to the live bro-in-law, I suppose past the raw curiosity, I don't care.

I wonder if I should caution the b-i-law not to shoot modern shells in it or just let him find out on his own. dumb ass. hahaha

Messages In This Thread

elsy... *PIC*
Re: elsy...
Re: elsy... *LINK*