Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Cosby...

I was a big fan of Bill Cosby...still am, I guess. I remember sitting in a friends truck back in High school crying because I was laughing so hard at Cosby comedy. One funny guy.

Now he has come to this. There were two jurors who would not vote to convict Cosby. I would have been one of those two...or a third. This woman claims she was drugged by The Cos. Really? He handed you a pill and you took it. I have never taken a pill that I didn't know exactly what it was, where it came from, and what it would do to me...regardless of who was giving it to me. I used to wouldn't take an aspirin for a broke leg. That she took the pill places at least half the blame on her.

Twelve years ago this supposedly happened. This is a quintessential...she said, he said case. Cos is filthy rich and the woman isn't. Could it be she is gold mining with this...along with all the other women.

Sorry...more evidence is required.

There's a case going on here in Nashville where 3 or 4 Vanderbilt football players raped a girl who was passed out. Someone made a vid with their phone. I don't guess the perps should be hung for the crime, although rape used to be a capital crime punishable by death. Maybe it should be again but you're going to have to have more than he said, she said. I'm not in any way soft of rape...it's a vile crime but you got to have evidence...then you can string them up.

I used to be a strong proponent of the death penalty. I saw a case out in Texas where they had taken some guy to the death chamber three times and then didn't execute the guy. I thought that was cruel and unusual punishment, then I saw a picture of the victim...a quicky store clerk shot in the head...she was bloated up like a dead cow. They said since she was shot in the head her heart continued to pump blood and bloated her up like that. It was nasty. It was cruel. It was evil and the guy deserved to be put down for that. When I saw the picture I thought they should have taken the guy to the death chamber and hooked him up ten more...then disconnected him and taken him back to his cell at least ten more times for that.

But...given the number of times people have been exonerated based on DNA I have adjusted my stance on the death penalty. If you don't have extremely tight case of circumstantial evidence...no death penalty. You nearly need a video of the person committing the crime or more than one witness before you put them down.

Anyway...bravo to the two Cosby hold outs...there just wasn't enough evidence past she said, he said.