Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

What all the opioid epidemic coverage leaves out *LINK*

I've always been a big guy. I've always carried an extra 30-40 pounds on my body. I'm not one of those blubbery looking folk but think more like offensive lineman. Just thick. They used to call me Go-gorilla in high school. I have what I call a gorilla frame body. I could move as fast as the skinny boys and was as strong as anybody. Out of a thousand boys in high school, you would find me in the top ten in strength and top twenty in speed. At my peak, at age 24, I ran three miles a day, worked out for an hour, ate one meal a day. I burned all the fat off my body doing that and still weighed in at 198...at 5 foot 10 inches. Fireplug...comes to mind.

I used to take friends to the gym to work out with me...caught one guy adjusting the pins to lighter weights to work out with...I looked at him and he said...I'm putting these down to a weight a human being would use. The thing that got me my...don't mess with this guy status at age 24...was when I walked up to a tree that was 4 inches in diameter...placed my hands about two feet apart on the trunk of the tree...and snapped it in half. The two people who witnessed it spread the story...don't mess with Wayne...I saw him...

I tell all this to make a statement about opioid use. As a result of my strength my daddy used me as a two legged bulldozer. I used to lift rocks that were so big I couldn't move them...he would just back the tailgate of the truck under them after I picked them up. If we needed to move an engine block...just pick it up and go with it. I was always showing off my strength when I was young. I was warned off from doing that by the black fella that used to work with us building houses. Wayne...you keep doing that and you're going to pay for it later in life. Of course I didn't listen. I wished I had. Young, dumb and full of...

As I have aged...my back has gone to chit. I take hydrocodone to numb the pain a little. The pain is constant and sometimes pretty intense. Been to chiropractors which helped in my mid 40's but it has just continued to get worse and that stopped doing much good. So, having tired of being in constant pain...I had my doctor prescribe the hydro's. I am thankful that he did. I take the prescribed amount and never more. I don't like having to take them and I'll go around in pain most of the time, even with the hydro's, so as to not ask for more or stronger. I used to wouldn't take an aspirin for a broke leg but the pain wore me down.

Now I hear all this talk about opioid addiction and abuse. Finally, a comment linked below, about people like me who actually need the stuff but don't abuse it.

Most of the opioid deaths are caused from illicit usage of opiods...coke...Fentanyl. As is customary for the ignorant guvement man...they are talking about the hydro's being a gateway to illicit use and are wanting to make getting hydro's even more difficult to get than they have already made it.

I feel bad for those who get involved with illicit use and die...but as with any other drug...the solution is...don't do it. I also contend, as I do with marijuana and the claim that it is a gateway drug, that the gateway drug thing is BS because I've known people, self included in another lifetime ago, who have used maryJ and never anything else...if there was no such thing as maryjane those who would go on to heavier stuff would just start with the heavier stuff. So to with the opiods.

If they take my hydro's away...I'm going to find whoever did it...use my over-sized body and strength to pound them until they start hollerin for pain relief. Every time they say they need something for the pain...here's some pain relief for ya...pow...hamfist to the face. They used to call me hamfisted, too. Cause when I make a fist it looks like a ham and if I ever hit you it felt like someone slapped you with a ham. hahaha